What is our vision and mission for children with special needs?
Rotherhithe Primary School is an inclusive school where there is a shared expectation that all pupils, regardless of their specific needs, should be offered inclusive teaching which will enable them to make the best possible progress in school and feel that they are a valued member of the wider school community.
The school aims to:
- to identify pupils with special educational needs and disabilities and ensure that their needs are met
- to ensure that children with special educational needs and disabilities join in with all the activities of the school
- to ensure that all learners make the best possible progress
- to ensure parents are informed of their child’s special needs and provision and that there is effective communication between parents and school
- to ensure that learners express their views and are fully involved in decisions which affect their education
- to promote effective partnership and involve outside agencies when appropriate.